A quick reminder for you all: children's portrait photographer Helen Bartlett is presenting a series of seminars for Calumet over the next few weeks. The Belfast and London dates have sold out, but there's still a few tickets left for the other cities.
Helen will guide you through the highs and the lows of setting up your business and explain many of the key techniques she uses each and every day to ensure that each and every client has a stunning set of images.
* How to develop your own style by thinking through your images and what you want to achieve rather than imitating the photographer down the road.
* How to evaluate a location for the best shooting spots: be it a park, a beach or a basement flat.
* How to work with light, or lack of it, indoors and out.
* How to get the best from the children and achieve the all important family group shot.
*What to do when you hit meltdown (yes, we work with two year olds) and how to get the shoot up and running again.
* How to market your new found skills and attract new clients.
Find out more, including how to book tickets, on Helen's blog.