My girlfriend, the talented children's portrait photographer Helen Bartlett, has got a busy teaching schedule lined up for the beginning of 2009. On Saturday, Helen will be presenting a master class at the SWPP convention. Then in February, she will be starting a series of one-day seminars on the subject of photographing children for Calumet, the professional photographic equipment store.
Helen will guide you through the highs and the lows of setting up your business and explain many of the key techniques she uses each and every day to ensure that each and every client has a stunning set of images.
* How to develop your own style by thinking through your images and what you want to achieve rather than imitating the photographer down the road.
* How to evaluate a location for the best shooting spots: be it a park, a beach or a basement flat.
* How to work with light, or lack of it, indoors and out.
* How to get the best from the children and achieve the all important family group shot.
*What to do when you hit meltdown (yes, we work with two year olds) and how to get the shoot up and running again.
* How to market your new found skills and attract new clients.
Find out more, including how to book tickets, on Helen's blog.